Museum Camp for Kids
Join us this Summer for Museum Explorers Camp
We are excited to offer one of our most popular camps again this summer for children who are entering 2nd-5th grade. Museum Explorers Camp will take place here at the Elmhurst History Museum for one week only on June 6-10, 2022.
WHAT IS MUSEUM EXPLORERS CAMP? Museum Explorers Camp is designed for curious kids who like to engage in a variety of STEAM activities with an emphasis on learning, cooperation, fun, and creativity in a respectful atmosphere. The camp format is structured with daily lesson plans incorporating age-appropriate activities with scheduled outdoor playtime and visits to other museums in the area. Parents can be confident that the camp is managed by an experienced museum staff professional with trained assistants. Camp size is limited to 20 participants. Note: Camp activities will require taking bus or Metra train for transportation to off-site locations.
2022 MUSEUM EXPLORERS CAMP DETAILS
Dates: June 6-10, 2022
Time: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (drop off available starting at 8:30 a.m.)
Cost: $210 per camper
- Monday: Learn about archaeology, ancient technologies and Native history at the Elmhurst History Museum by exploring the exhibits and collaborating on hands-on projects.
- Tuesday: Kids will take an off-site site field trip to Isle a La Cache Museum to visit their nature center and learn about fur trading in the early days of Illinois.
- Wednesday: We'll hop on board the Metra train to the Lombard Historical Museum to learn about the Underground Railroad and what life was like in the 1840's at the Sheldon Peck Homestead.
- Thursday: Campers will walk to the nearby Elmhurst Art Museum to check out their exhibits and enjoy a picnic lunch in Wilder Park.
- Friday: Our day begins at the Churchville One-Room Schoolhouse in Bensenville where kids will experience a typical 1910 school day, play old-fashioned games and make butter with the schoolmarm.
REGISTRATION: Begins online starting March 1, 2022, click here for the link to Eventbrite.
MORE INFO: Call Jessie Wandersee, Supervisor of Education Services, at 630-530-6879 or email EHMeducator@elmhurst.org